2014/12/18

Bookmas Day 18:
Bookish Reflections: Christmas and Reading

Although everyone always goes off about how they love Christmas, this is also one of the most stressful times of year. Personally, I work in a store in a shopping centre, and in December, I work overtime every single day. My job is pretty chill the other 11 months of year though, so it's no problem.

But people stress this time of year. And I do too. There is so much to do! However, this is also the time of year I think I appreciate reading most. Although I do not read as much as the rest of the year, this is the time I really, really enjoy the little time I have for reading every night before I go to sleep. It's how I stress down, relax after a long day and recharge for the next morning.

Some people drink tea, some go work out, some people watch a movie, but I read, and I love it.

I also love going home for Christmas, after a long month of work and stressing around like a headless chicken. I love being with my family, eating good food, giving (and getting, let's be honest) presents. And when Christmas is over and we all go to bed, I pull out my book and read some more.

I can't express how much I'm grateful having found something that makes me feel sort of peaceful, especially this time of year.





PS: Christmas also makes me philosophical, it would seem.
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig