2014/12/27

2014

2014 is almost over, and I thought I would share how my reading has been this year, and share some thoughts about what I read.

As you may know, I started this blog this year, and the response has been amazing. Thank you so much for stopping by, once or several times!

I will be making a Top 10 of 2014 in the next couple of days where I'll go into what books I loved this year and why, but I still wanted to do a little summary first.
How many books I read:
I had set a goal on Goodreads to read 50 books this year, but I surpassed that sometime in August. The 50th book I read was Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson. Overall, I read 80 books.


Books per month:
January: 5
February: 3
March: 4
April: 4
May: 6
June: 5
July: 11
August: 7
September: 7
October: 11
November: 11
December: 5

The Books I Read:








Longest book: 
Midnattsrosen by Lucinda Riley (594 pages)

Shortest book: 
The Night Before Christmas by Nikolai Gobol (80 pages)

Funniest book: 
Weird Things Customers Say In Bookshops by Jen Campbell

A classic I finally got to: 
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

This years guilty pleasure: 
The Selection by Kiera Cass

Toughest to get through: 
Inferno by Dante Alighieri

A book I avoided like the plague: 
Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

A book I was sceptical about but happily surprised: 
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

A book ruined by hype: 
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

A book I didn't get to but wished I had: 
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Tune in again tomorrow for my top books of the year!




SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig