2014/12/29

Top 10: Books of 2014 Part I (6-10)

The first part of my favourite books of 2014. These are my favourites from 10 - 6!


In the northern mountains of the Seven Realms, in Fellsmarch, the princess heir, Raisa, is nearly sixteen and can soon marry - but though she has many suitors, she has no plans to marry anytime soon. In the same city, reformed thief Han Alister tries to make an honest living for him and his family. But when he meets three wizards in the forest, it's the beginning of a very interesting journey.

This is just such an enjoyable fantasy book, and I cannot wait to carry on with this series!


Cormoran Strike is called in to investigate the disappearance of Owen Quine, an eccentric author, who has just finished a poisonous manuscript that feature almost everyone he knows. If it was published, it would ruin a lot of peoples lives...

I just really enjoy these books about Strike. I find the setting of London to feel very vibrant, like I'm really there. I wholly enjoy the characters and the mystery... I just enjoyed this SO MUCH!



In the suburb of Detroit, the five Lisbon sisters are mysterious, eccentric, exciting... and the boys in the neighbourhood watch the obsessively as they all commit suicide during the span of a single year.

When I first finished this book, I gave it a 4 stars... but this story grew on me after I read it and I still think about it now. I can't quite pinpoint what it is about this story, but it's beautifully written and I would definitely recommend it.


Cath is a Simon Snow fan, and writes fanfiction online. She's good at it too, having thousands of readers. But when she starts college, adjusting proves to be a definite challenge.

I think everyone in the modern world can relate to a character in this book, and that's definitely my favourite part of this book. It's realistic, funny and touching.


Bill Masen wakes up in the hospital after eye surgery to find the whole world has gone blind. This throws society into chaos, and the triffids - huge, venomous, walking plants - have the upper hand.

I absolutely loved this book. The story is exciting and brings up some very important issues about biological experimentation and human nature.

5 - 1 will be up tomorrow, so stay tuned for my absolute favourites!

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig