2015/07/21

Top 5:
Man Booker Prize Winning Books I Want To Read

After having done a Top 5 on books longlisted for the Man Booker Prize and books shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize, it's time to look at the books I want to read that actually won the award.

The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan
2014

Set in Japan during the second world war, this is a tale of impossible love. I've heard so many wonderful things about this one, and I do own it, so all I need to do is pick it up.

The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
2013

This book is a beast, but I feel like it would be worth the effort. As far as I know, this is set in New Zealand in 1866, but that's all I want to know. I think it would be good to go in somewhat blind.

Wolf Hall by Dame Hilary Mantel
2009

This is the first book in the Thomas Cromwell trilogy. It's set in 1520's England, and tells a story inside the Tudor court. I love that kind of stuff.

The Blind Assasin by Margaret Atwood 
2000

I have yet to read a Margaret Atwood book, and I think I might start with this one. It's a mystery novel set in Canada and it's supposed to be pretty epic.

The Famished Road by Ben Okri
1991

This is full of magical realism and African culture. The main character is a spirit child, one who lives between life and death. Sounds creepy and fascinating. It's also good to try and read authors from other continents, so I definitely want to give this a go.


Let me know if you've read any of these and what you thought!

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig