2015/07/29

Book Review:
Touch by Natalia Jaster

Title: Touch
Author: Natalia Jaster
Published: 2014
Language: English
Pages: 237
Rating: 3/5

A copy of this book was provided by the author. This does not influence my review.


Summary:
This is the story of Eros; Love has never loved, but when the Fates send her off to a frostbitten, forsaken town, she crosses paths with a human named Andrew who can do something no mortals are supposed to: he can see her.


Review:
I quite enjoyed this book, and it took me a little by surprise, to be honest.

As you may know, romance is not my favourite genre. I think this story lends something new though, at least something I've never read before. It's fast-paced, it's funny and the mythology aspects are great. I especially enjoyed the main character in this book, especially that she's a bit mischievous. This book is also quite well written, and I will definitely be keeping my eye on this author.

I'm not a huge fan of erotic scenes, because I so often find them awkward when they're supposed to be romantic and all that jazz, so those were not my favourites in this. There are also parts of the story that are a bit cliché, and there is a bit of instalove and a love triangle in this, and though there is a reason for it, I didn't love it. I sort of wished this whole story would dig even deeper, and there were some parts of the mythology I found unexplained.

That being said, I think this book is perfect for people who love romance novels, so I would highly recommend it if that's your jam!

You can get this book on Amazon.
You can read more about it on Goodreads.

PS: This book is meant for mature young adults and adults in general, as it contains explicit content. 
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig