2015/12/28

TOP 10: BEST BOOKS OF 2015

Another year is coming to an end, and as I've discovered several new favorites this year, I thought I would share them with you.

I've compiled a list of 10 books, though as I have a hard time ranking them from 1 to 10, they will be in no particular order.



This is probably not a surprise to you if you've been around for a while, as I keep raving about this book. When I think about it, this is my favorite book of the year, perhaps even of all time.

I still carry the characters from this book with me, every day, somehow. I will give this book to all the people in my life that love to read and probably everyone else too.



This book is magical and lyrical and rather different from a lot of the other books I've read this year. It is melancholy and whimsical and definitely worth the read.



A classic I FINALLY got to reading this year and it took me completely off guard. The best way to describe this book is that it's like an onion; there are so many layers to this story and it's all so very fascinating.



A stunning and raw poetry collection about survival. This is a book every single woman on earth should read.



Another poetry collection that took my breath away. This is only 34 pages but it's one of the best books I have ever read. Each and every one should read this.



Another sort of odd and magical story. This book has everything one could want: a floating circus, a graveyard keeper and a bear. Absolutely fantastic.



This book was a bit of a surprise to me. There's just something in the main character that really speaks to me, and I thought the story was wonderful. This is one of the reasons I keep trudging my way through the classics department, because even though it takes extra effort, sometimes you find something like this.



This book is a beast but what a lovely one. This is another book in which the characters made a huge impact on me. I think it's one of the great contemporary novels out there.



Whoever says young adult is bullshit, this book proves them all wrong. This is a stunning tale of friendship and love, and it almost makes me cry just thinking about it.

What were some of your favorite books this year?







PS: I wrote this list a bit prematurely, and have now finished another book I think deserves a spot:



This book was strange and beautiful, and the kind of love story I can fall in love with. Absolutely beautiful.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I read Frankenstein earlier this year, and I also loved it! I love how complex the characters are, and how there are stories within stories. I hope we both could read more classics next year!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to read the Gracekeepers for so long! Now I definitely need to. And Frankenstein, which I have heard is wonderful. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy Frankenstein made into this list, it is one of my favourite classics of all time. And Saenz is brilliant, not only with Ari and Dante, but pretty much all his other works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sooo good! And I definitely need to read more from Saenz next year :)

      Delete
  4. Frankenstein was one of my favorites as well beside "North and South", "Perfume. Story of a murderer", "Stoner" and "The remains of the day". Can't wait to read "The Secret History" and "Far from the Madding Crowd" in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read Perfume next year! I hope you enjoy the other books, they're so good! :D

      Delete

© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig