2015/06/15

#JuneTopicAThon Wrap Up

The #JuneTopicAThon has come to an end, and I thought it would be fun to do a little recap of how I did. My topic was, as you may know, white books.


I made some notes of my progress during the week that I thought I would share.

Monday: 
Read a lot, but not for the readathon! I was finishing reading Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, so I didn't get around to reading any white books until Tuesday.

Tuesday: 
Day two and I already strayed from my TBR by starting This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I got 157 pages into that during the day. I read 23 pages of The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes in the evening before I promptly fell asleep.

Wednesday:
Finished reading This Side of Paradise. Fell asleep with The Sense of An Ending on my lap, read about three sentences.

Thursday:
Finished reading The Sense of An Ending in the early afternoon. Started reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt and read 46 pages of this. I had not really realised this book is over 800 pages until I started reading, but am determined to finish this book pretty quickly.

Friday:
I had huge plans to get at least halfway through The Goldfinch, but then I went on to Netflix and time just sort of... disappeared. I did read 139 pages of the book though.

Saturday:
The day has disappeared into trucking my way through The Goldfinch and I got a little over halfway through before I needed a break to do something else.

Sunday:
Finished The Goldfinch! Great book, but felt a bit drained after finishing. In need of something a bit lighter to read, I started reading One Hundred Poems from the Japanese by Kenneth Rexroth. I spent the evening finishing that, there concluding the readathon.

In the end, I read 4 books, totalling in 1421 pages.



In the end, I think I did pretty well! If you participated, do let me know what you read!

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig