2015/08/11

Top 5:
Translated Books I Want To Read

At the beginning of the year, I made a resolution to read at least five translated books. So far I've read three, but I thought I would share another five I want to read,

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez


A novel I'm sure you've heard of, but that I've yet to read. I have this on my bookshelf though, so I just need to pick it up! This is magical realism and that's all I know.

This is translated from Spanish.

Wheel with a Single Spoke and Other Poems by Nichita Stanescu


This is a poetry collection that is said to be gripping, magical and a bit humorous. As I really enjoy poetry, I want to read some translated poems as well.

This is translated from Romanian.

Street of Thieves by Mathias Énard


This is a contemporary novel about family and religion. I really like that this is about Islam, as I haven't read a lot of books with that as a subject.

This is translated from French.

Atlas: The Archaeology of an Imaginary City by Kai-Cheung Dung


This sounds very fascinating; it's set in the future, where a bunch of archeologist are trying to rebuild a metropolis through historical documents, artefacts and maps.

This is translated from Chinese.

The Hunger Angel by Herta Müller


This is historical fiction about the struggle of a young man after the war. This one has been recommended to me more than once, so it's time to pick it up.

This is translated from German.

Let me know if you've read any of these, or if you have some good translated recommendations!

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig