2014/07/30

Top 5: Favorite Books

I have a feeling this is going to be the first of several "favorite" posts I'll write, but here are five of my favorite books!


Surprise, surprise! Most readers of my generation have this as their favorite books and I am no exception. I just love the world, the magic, the characters... everything!

I always get really sucked into these books when I read them, and it's such a nice feeling. These are also some of the first books I read in English instead of Norwegian.


This is a children's book and I have vague memories of reading this when I was a kid and loving it. I forgot about it for a while, and then I reread it a few years ago, and I still love it.

It's a very charming, light read.

There are also soooo many beautiful versions of this book, and I would get them all if I felt I could! 


This is the first book in the Kingkiller Chronicle, and I love these books (and waiting impatiently for the last one). It's adult high fantasy, and it's so good. I think a lot of people can feel a little ambivalent towards fantasy because there are a lot of crap books out there, but this is the exact opposite.

The world in this book is really, really amazing.


I love these books and I love the TV-series as well. I feel like my life is on hold until the next book is published. This is also adult fantasy, and it's amazing. You need a fair bit of concentration the longer you get into the series, because there are a lot of characters, but it's definitely worth it.

The thing I love most about this series is that the author is NOT AFRAID of killing characters and leaving loose ends. I like it because it's realistic, although I'm also annoyed because I want to know it all. But mostly I love it. 


I love the book and I love the movie. I've always been fascinated by geisha culture, so this is right up my alley. Definitely worth checking out. I saw the movie first with this one, so I had that in mind when I read it, but I really enjoyed it either way.
Ah, I feel like rereading all of these now!


SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig