2014/07/14

On My Shelf I

This post is inspired by this video, called On My Shelf II by a youtuber called booksandquills, where you take two random numbers, the first referring to a shelf in your bookshelf, and the second referring to a book on that shelf.

The idea of this is to get to talk about books you wouldn't talk about otherwise.
Shelf 1, Book 5



This is my English version of the first Harry Potter book. When they first came out, I read them in Norwegian, but when I got a little older, I wanted a box set of the original English versions, so I got this one. 

A big part of my childhood.
Shelf 2, Book 8



This is a book I bought sometime last year. I'm really into Japanese and Chinese architecture and interior design, so I got this plus one about "Living in China". 

This book has some really great photography, and is quite interesting.
Shelf 6, Book 3



I can't quite remember if I got this for a birthday or something, but this is one of the many, many Agatha Christie books I own. I haven't read this particular one, but it features Miss Marple, a classic figure whom I love.
Shelf 4, Book 5



Norwegian version of "The Italian Girl". I got this in my easter egg this year (pretty cool easter egg if you ask me). I haven't read this one, but I've read a lot of other books by the same author, and I'm pretty excited to read this when I'm in the mood for it. I imagine it's an easy and romantic read, like a lot of Rileys books.

Funny story about this, Mom, who obviously bought and put this in my easter egg, peeked around the corner of their living room after I'd opened it, and asked:
"Are you going to read that one right away?"
I said, "No, I might wait a little, I'm in the middle of another book."
Then there was a bit of silence and she just stared at me,
so I asked; "Oh, do you want to read it?"
Then she smiled, laughed, snatched the book and ran out on the terrace. I didn't see the book for a couple of weeks after that.
Shelf 7, Book 11



I don't have much to say about this. I bought it purely based on the cover, because I thought it was very fancy.

If you're ever in the mood to do this yourself, you can use the same numbers as me, or you can use these:

3 and 10
4 and 12
1 and 1
7 and 9
5 and 3

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig