2014/07/19

Top 5: Book to Movie Adaptation Wish List

I really like watching movie adaptations of books. Although I usually prefer the book, I like seeing someone else's interpretation of a story I've read and connected to, and see what we imagined different and what we imagined the same.

I have a bunch of books I'd like to see as movies, and here are my top 5.
1. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan


I finished this very recently, and I knew instantly that I'd love to see it as a film. I think it could be a really funny, exciting and adventurous movie with some fantastic characters.

It also has a dragon in it, which is always a plus.
2. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss


Somebody needs to make this into a movie ASAP!

This is one of my favorite fantasy novels, and I would love to see this universe on the screen. The world building in this novel is very thorough, and the story is very interesting, and I think it could be translated beautifully into a film. If done right, it would be a revelation.
3. Inferno by Dante Aligheri


I have no idea if anyone has ever made a movie about this, but I'd like to see someone make a new spin on it in a modern way. I think a more free adaptation of this text could be really interesting. 
4. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett


I have seen a movie adaptation of this from 1993, I watched it when I was little and I remember enjoying it. I would like to see a more modern adaptation of this though, I think it could be a very beautiful movie. I imagine beautiful scenery and very appropriate music.
5. Across the Universe by Beth Revis


I bet at some point someone is going to make this into a movie. I hope it happens soon. I have a very clear picture in my head of a lot of things in this story, and I think it would be fun to see it on screen. I also think this would be something a lot of people would like to see, even though they haven't read the book.
I would definitely pay to see all these movies!



SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig