2014/07/15

Book Review: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

Title: The Lost Hero
Author: Rick Riordan
Published: 2010
Language: English
Pages: 576
Rating: 5/5

This is the first book in the "The Heroes of Olympus" series. You can get it here.


Summary:
This book tells the story about three misfits; Jason, who does not remember anything before he wakes up on a bus full of classmates, Piper, who carries a secret about her father, and Leo, who is really good with tools but is also carrying a dark secret.

While on a class trip to the Grand Canyon, Jason, Piper and Leo are attacked by wind gods, hurled off to something called Camp Half-Blood, and each told that they're the child of different Greek gods, making them demigods. And that's all fun and great, but there's also an unknown threat on the horizon, and they must set off on a dangerous and possibly deathly quest to defeat it.



Review:
As far as I know, this is set in the same universe as the Percy Jackson series, but I've never read them, so this was my first meeting with this particular world.

I really enjoyed this book, it was so entertaining to read. Right of the bat, it's very exciting and action packed. I had no problems understanding what was going on and I had no problems with the world building. It's a sort of adventure fantasy book, which is right up my alley. I am really interesting in the Greek Gods, so I absolutely loved that particular aspect of the story.

One of my favorite things was the humor, I thought it suited the story well. I kept snickering to myself and smiling. Leo quickly became on of my favorite characters. I also really like that you get to read from three viewpoints; Leos, Jasons and Pipers. I liked how we got to see them develop through the story. Also, Coach Hedge was very much a comic relief.

Overall, this was an action packed, exciting adventure story with great characters and lots of funny moments. Loved it!

I would recommend this to anyone who wants to read a fun and exciting book. I also think this is an easy way into fantasy if you've never read any of that genre before.
PS: Halfway through the book, I ordered the next three books in the series, that's how much I liked it. If only the online store I ordered from delivered as fast as Hermes, the messenger of the Greek Gods...
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig