2015/09/15

Top 5: Poetry Books I Want to Read III

It's time to look at some more poetry books I want to read! Here we go!

Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur


I recently stumbled upon Rupi's YouTube channel and was stunned by this video. I immediately ordered her poetry collection, because if it's anything like the video, it will be extraordinary.

Love & Misadventure by Lang Leav


I've read Lullabies by this author, and quite enjoyed it. People told me that this was even better though, so I really want to read it soon. I quite like the style of Leavs writing, so it'll be interesting to see wether it's as great as everyone says.

The Remains by Anne Freud


Another author I have read one poetry collection from and want to read another. I read The Mirabelles, and though it didn't quite strike a cord with me, I want to try some more, to really form an opinion on what I think of Freuds poetry.

Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson


The winner of all kinds of awards, this is a memoir in form of poetry. I've never read anything like that, so I thought it'd be interesting to pick this one up.

Physical by Andrew McMillan


This is a poetry collection all about males and the male body. It's very typical to read poetry as a sort of tribute to the women, so I thought it might be interesting to read something about men.


Let me know if you've read any of these, or if you have any recommendations for poetry! I'm always looking for new stuff to read.

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig