2015/03/25

Bookish Reflections: Weird Things I Use As Bookmarks

I have dozens of bookmarks, beautiful ones with ribbons, shiny ones, those I've gotten while traveling, magnetic ones, old ones I've kept forever... And I very much enjoy using them.

I had a little look at my nightstand, and I am currently not using any proper bookmarks. For some reason, sometimes I just end up using the weirdest things, despite the fact that I literally just have to go get a decent one. They're right there, in my bookshelf, but noooo, what do I do? I use stuff like this:

  • Old Skiing Pass from Wengen, Switzerland. I have never been to Switzerland. 
  • A pen. Not only does this not work when carrying the book around in my bag, it prevents me from closing the book entirely.
  • Another book. Which is not practical in any way.
  • An old gum wrapper. Did I mention I have all these gorgeous bookmarks I can use? THEY'RE RIGHT THERE.
  • Napkins. Or just general trash.
  • A table. Flip the book over on the page you're on, and you've got yourself an immediate bookmark. It works until you need to move the book. Also, if you leave it for a long time, the book will always open on that exact page because you left it for too long. Poor book.

I suppose it doesn't really matter what one uses as a bookmark, but when I have really nice ones, I don't know why I don't just use them. Do you guys also do this, or is it just me?



SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig