2015/03/04

Bookish Reflections: 10 Bookish Facts About Myself

It's time for some bookish facts!


1. 
I once inherited close to a thousand books from my grandparents, of which I have read around five. (I've also donated almost all of them now, only keeping the classics, like Henrik Ibsen, Sigrid Undset, Knut Hamsun etc). I'm pretty sure I'm a book hoarder.

2. 
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green is the only book that's made me cry.

3. 
When I was a kid in school, I often finished my assignments and stuff before a lot of the other kids, so I was always sent to the library for the rest of the class. It was a pretty sweet arrangement, even though I probably zoomed through the work a little faster than I should have. This is one of the reasons I got really into reading though, so I'm really thankful to my teacher.

4. 
I love Harry Potter, and am very proud that Pottermore sorted me into Raveclaw.

5. 
I, much to my own dismay, don't really use the library. This is because they have most books in Norwegian, and read mostly in English.


6. 
I prefer hardbacks over paperbacks, so much to the extent that if I buy a paperback book and really love it, I'll rebuy it in hardback if I can find it. Which is ridiculous.

7. 
I try to read an hour before bed every night.

8. 
I didn't really read that many children's/middlegrade books when I was young (the exception being the Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter). This is because I usually wanted to read the books my mother and grandmother read, so I did. I read mostly historical fiction and crime, which are genres I still love to this day.

9. 
I have no idea how many books I own. Some are in my room in the apartment I share with my sister, some are at my parents house (where I bring them when I run out of room here).

10. 
I read pretty fast, but because of it, I have a tendency to not catch everything when I'm reading. This leads to some confusion at times.


Let me know if you're like me when it comes to these things, or if we're different!

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig