2019/04/30

UPCOMING RELEASES:
MAY

Another month has passed us by and it's time to talk about some exciting new books coming out in the next few weeks!

Stay Sexy and Don't Get Murdered: The Definitive How-To Guide by Karen Kilgariff & Georgia Hardstark
28th
My Favorite Murder is the first podcast I ever got really into and I'm a huge fan of it, so when Karen and Georgia said they were writing a book, I was all into that idea. I hardly even know what this is about, but whatever it is, it's going to be great.

The Confessions of Frannie Langton by Sara Collins
21st
This is a historical fiction mystery novel set in London and it's about a former slave turned servant who is accused of murdering her employer and his wife. I've read that this is for people who like Alias Grace, which makes me super intrigued. 

With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo
7th
I'm not going to lie, it was the cover that drew me into this one, because I mean... look at it! It's magnificent! This is a contemporary young adult book and it's about a high school senior who loves to cook and the kitchen is where she feels respite from all the responsibilities in her life.

Furious Hours by Casey Cep
7th
This is a true crime book set in the Deep South and the case is about a rural preacher accused of murdering five of his family members in the 70's, but he's acquitted, and then he himself is eventually murdered and the person who killed him gets away with it too. This is apparently a case the author Harper Lee investigated and wanted to write a book about but ended up not finishing.

The Satapur Moonstone by Sujata Massey
14th
This is the second book in the Perveen Mistry series, and I've just bought the first one and I'm desperate to read it. The covers in this series is literally to die for. In this one, Perveen is called into help with a case where some of the women involved live in purdah (which means they live secluded from being around men).
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig