2017/12/11

BOOK REVIEW:
WHY I'M NO LONGER TALKING TO WHITE PEOPLE ABOUT RACE BY RENI EDDO-LODGE

Title: Why I'm No Longer Talking To White People About Race
Author: Reni Eddo-Lodge
Published: 2017
Language: English
Pages: 272
Rating: 3/5


Summary:
In this essay collection, Eddo-Lodge discusses the role race and racism plays in modern Britain.


Review:
This was a really interesting book. The conversation about race in our society and books written about it are often revolve around the US, so it was very interesting to see it from a different perspective with the backdrop of a different history. The writing in this is clear, concise and easy to understand and I thought the thoughts and discussions brought up in this were fascinating.

However, I did feel a slight disconnect and there were a lot of things I wished had been explained more in detail and gone more in depth to, but I feel like maybe this disconnect is due to the fact that I'm not British and I've never lived there. I am familiar with the history of Britain, but perhaps not enough.

To me, this feels like a book that's excellent at articulating a really important topic, but it doesn't necessarily add anything new or vital to the discussion, at least to me. It's very much worth the read though and I would recommend it if you like books about this topic or have trouble understanding the current discussion about race and racism that's currently going on.
You can get this book at The Book Depository
You can read more about it on Goodreads
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig