2017/12/13

BOOK REVIEW:
THE SUN AND HER FLOWERS BY RUPI KAUR

Title: The Sun and Her Flowers
Author: Rupi Kaur
Published: 2017
Language: English
Pages: 255
Rating: 5/5



Summary:
This collection of poetry is a journey in wilting, falling, rooting, rising and blooming, accompanied by illustrations by the author.


Review:
If you're an avid reader of this blog, you'll know that Kaur is one of my favorite poets, so it's no surprise that I absolutely adored this book.

Again, Kaur takes us on a journey, through falling apart and putting oneself back together. There is also a strong theme of mother/daughter relationships throughout this collection that I very much enjoyed; some of my favorite poems from this are the ones Kaur has written about or to her mother.

The writing style is so on point, it baffles me every time I open one of Kaurs books and as I often do, I find myself unable to really express how great it is. It's just so damn good and I would very much recommend it.
You can get this book at The Book Depository
You can read more about it on Goodreads
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig