2016/04/19

TOP 5:
BOOKS BY AGATHA CHRISTIE I WANT TO READ

So, I have, ever since I discovered her, had a great love of Agatha Christie. But it's been a while since I've read a book by her, so I thought I would share five of them I want to read soon!

And Then There Were None


One of Christie's most famous books, I can't believe I haven't read this one. As far as I know, it's about a group of people who have got together on a private island, and they're picked off one my one, by a mysterious murderer.

The Man in The Brown Suit


The first book in the Colonel Race series, this follows a young woman armed with a single clue to solve a mystery, while the murderer struggles to get rid of her.

Poirot Investigates


I've tried to read the Poirot mysteries in order of publication (though it's not necessary), but I seem to have skipped this one. So definitely want to read it soon, because I love Poirot.

The Secret Adversary


This is the first book about Tommy and Tuppence, and after high recommendations from my mother, I really need to read this one soon.

Murder in Mesopotamia


Because I love, love, love mysteries set in exotic places. They're the best!


Have you ever read any Agatha Christie, and if you have, which one is your favorite?

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I've only read her Sparkling Cyanide, and I didn't really love it. But! that was a few years ago and now that I see your post, I think I might give her another chance!

    Have a lovely, lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I would definitely try another one of her books. Perhaps Murder on the Orient Express? :D It's been a while since I read it, but I really enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of her books, but if I do I'd love to read And Then There Were None and Murder on the Orient Express. They're like the most famous Christie's books so I should be starting on the right book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Murder on the Orient Express, so I could recommend that one! :)

      Delete
  3. Dear Alice,
    "And Then There Were None" was the first Agatha Christie novel I read, and trust me, you are in for a treat. The beginning was slightly slow, but when it picks up, it REALLY picks up.
    I actually hadn't heard of the other books you mentioned, so thank you for that because now I can add them to my list. I've been planning on reading "Body in the Library", "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd" (which has actually already been spoiled for me, but I don't mind), and "Death on the Nile".
    Might I add, I found your website sometime last year when I was looking for some book centred blogs to follow and for a while now, your blog has been one of the first websites I check in the morning! It is so delightful, and you truly have a gift in photography.
    -a musing from your friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much! That makes me so happy! :D I've read Body in the Library which was quite good, so I can recommend that one!

      Have a lovely day!

      Delete

© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig