2015/11/17

Top 5: Newly Discovered Authors

I discover new authors all the time, but I thought it was time to look at some authors that have really stood out to me lately.

By "new", I'm thinking authors I've discovered and loved during the last year or so, as I've discovered so many new which I absolutely loved that I just had to include!

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie


Let's just start with the Queen of Queens: Adichie. I've read two of her books now, and Americanah is one of my all time favorite books. I literally shove her books towards anyone who will listen. Her writing is extraordinary and the way she creates characters are out of this world.

Cathrynne M. Valente


This author has written the most wonderful series: the Fairyland series. It's a hybrid between Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz. Valente creates wonderful, weird and fantastic worlds in these books.

Kirsty Logan


The Gracekeepers is the first book I read by Logan and it blew me away. Logan's writing is creative and a bit melancholy, and simply beautiful in my opinion.

V. E. Schwab


I've only read Vicious so far by this author, but it was really good. The story was enticing, a bit morbid and rather colorful. After reading this, I added almost all her books to my TBR, and I can't wait to read them.

Angela Carter


I've read two books by Carter this year: The Magic Toyshop and The Bloody Chamber. There's something really special about her writing, something dark, mysterious and extremely lyrical. I can't wait to read more from this author.


What are some of your newly discovered authors? I'd love to know!

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig