2021/08/11

BOOK REVIEW:
MASTERPIECES IN THE VAN GOGH MUSEUM

I N C L U D E S  A F F I L I A T E  L I N K S
_____
Title: Masterpieces in the Van Gogh Museum
Published: 2002
Language: English
Pages: 144
Rating: 4/5


Summary:
This book contains a selection of more than 100 masterpieces from the collection at the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam, as well as a bit of information about the artist and the museum itself. 


Review:
I got this book a few years ago when I went to the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam, which is one of my favorite museums I've been to, and I figured it was time to finally sit down and read it instead of just flipping through it every once in a while.

I really getting to read a bit more about the artist and the different periods he had in his career, as well as see all of these beautiful paintings again. I like how the book spreads out the evolution of his work and how every painting in here has a bit of information about it and what we know about the thoughts and process behind it. 

It's not a super detailed book, but it works great as an introduction to Van Gogh and his work, and you get to see all of these lovely paintings which is always great. 
You can get this book at the Van Gogh Museums Webshop
You can read more about it on Goodreads
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig