2021/08/07

BOOK REVIEW:
DA HIMMELEN FALT BY NAZISH KHAN

_____
Title: Da Himmelen Falt
Author: Nazish Khan
Published: 2015
Language: Norwegian
Pages: 122
Rating: 3/5


Summary:
This takes a look at forced marriage, the devastating consequences it has for individuals and families, and what might be done to fix the problem.


Review:
This is a book I've had on my shelves for ages and I'm glad I finally read it.

I haven't really read a lot of books about this particular issue, so it was interesting to take a look at it and learn a bit more about it. We get to read several different people's stories in here, both men and women who have been forced into unwanted marriages, those who have escaped and even a parent who sees the error of his ways in having one of his children marry against their will.

This gave me a lot of think about, and I felt like it gave me a look into a different culture, and how hard it can be to balance two cultures at once. I also like how this explores and explains the difference between arranged marriages and forced marriages, and the subtle ways it can turn from being arranged to being forced.

My favorite part of the book was where the author explored the importance of nuance and the need for these things to be looked at on a case to case basis. There were a few parts of the writing in here that wasn't quite on point, in particular parts of the dialogue, and I wish the book was longer; otherwise, this was informative and educational, and I learned a lot. 
You can get this book at Ark
You can read more about it on Goodreads
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig