2019/09/02

MY READING DIARY:
AUGUST

THURSDAY 01.08
I'm currently reading Chasing the Scream by Johann Hari and I've just started The Lost Man by Jane Harper. I've got some time off work, so I'm currently at my grandfathers cabin on the west coast of Norway, so a lot of the day went into fishing and stuff like that, but I did read a few chapters in The Lost Man.
Pages read: 67

FRIDAY 02.08
Spent most of the day hanging out with my family, but did have a few hours in between there where I read quite a lot in The Lost Man.
Pages read: 165

SATURDAY 03.08
Finished reading The Lost Man in the evening and then I started reading The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan.
Pages read: 161


SUNDAY 04.08
Spent the morning packing before leaving to catch our flight back to Oslo, on which I read two chapters in The Joy Luck Club.
Pages read: 56

MONDAY 05.08
Read another few chapters in The Joy Luck Club.
Pages read: 56

TUESDAY 06.08
Went on a shopping trip with my sister most of the day, but spent part of the evening reading a few chapters in The Joy Luck Club.
Pages read: 64

WEDNESDAY 07.08
Finished reading The Joy Luck Club, which was really good. I also started reading The Burning by Laura Bates and read a few chapters.
Pages read: 212

THURSDAY 08.08
Made my way through the rest of The Burning.
Pages read: 288

FRIDAY 09.08
Finally got back to reading Chasing the Scream and read 130ish pages I had left of it (which took a while because the font in that book is tiny). I also started reading Golden Hill by Francis Spufford.
Pages read: 143


SATURDAY 10.08
Spent most of the day filming and editing, but also started reading The Woman in the Funes by Kobo Abe and read about fifty pages. The evening, I spent packing because I'm going to London tomorrow!
Pages read: 54

SUNDAY 11.08
Spent most of the day traveling to London and read a few chapters in Golden Hill on the plane.
Pages read: 58

MONDAY 12.08
Spent all day wandering around London, going to the National Portrait Gallery and Foyles, which was great fun. Also read a little bit in Golden Hill while I was chilling in the evening.
Pages read: 88

TUESDAY 13.08
Again, spent the day in London, this time going to the National Gallery and Waterstones, which took up most of the day. I continued reading Golden Hill in the evening, but to be honest, I wasn't really enjoying it, so I ended up skimming what I had left of it just to get it over with.
Pages read: 152

WEDNESDAY 14.08
It was time to return to Oslo which took up most of the day. I had quite a lot of time to read at the airport though, so I started The Shape of Water by Andrea Camilleri (which I picked up in Foyles) and I read the whole thing because it was so enjoyable!
Pages read: 256

THURSDAY 15.06
Started reading Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens.
Pages read: 58


FRIDAY 16.08
Continued reading Where the Crawdads Sing and my god, this book is amazing!
Pages read: 144

SATURDAY 17.08
Spent all morning filming and then I went to an early birthday dinner and made it home just in time to participate in Summer Cosy Reading Night! I got some snacks and sat down to read Where the Crawdads Sing which I read in for about an hour and then I spent the rest of the evening reading Death Knocks Twice by Robert Thorogood.
Pages read: 102

SUNDAY 18.08
Read the rest of Where the Crawdads Sing and cried. Best book I've read all year.
Pages read: 108

MONDAY 19.08
Read a chapter in Death Knocks Twice in bed in the evening. It was so lovely and relaxing because it was raining, but I fell asleep pretty quickly.
Pages read: 31

TUESDAY 20.08
Read three chapters in Death Knocks Twice before work in the afternoon.
Pages read: 109

WEDNESDAY 21.08
Was busy all day, so read nada.
Pages read: 0



THURSDAY 22.08
Read nothing today!
Pages read: 0

FRIDAY 23.08
Read two chapters in Death Knock Twice after work, before I got caught up in watching Our Planet on Netflix.
Pages read: 59

SATURDAY 24.08
Had a really long day at work but read a little bit in Death Knocks Twice before I fell asleep.
Pages read: 33

SUNDAY 25.08
Spent most of the morning finishing Death Knocks Twice, which was very enjoyable. Also started reading Votes for Women by Jenni Murray.
Pages read: 165

MONDAY 26.08
Actually had the day off, but didn't read anything because I spent all of it filming, editing and watching Mindhunter.
Pages read: 0

TUESDAY 27.08
Spent all my free time editing videos today!
Pages read: 0


WEDNESDAY 28.08
Yet another day of no reading. Time just totally got away from me!
Pages read: 0

THURSDAY 29.08
Read two chapters in Votes for Women! Also started reading Wilder Girls by Rory Power.
Pages read: 54

FRIDAY 30.08
Read what I had left of Votes for Women in the evening.
Pages read: 36

SATURDAY 31.08
Had a pretty long day at work, but managed to read a little bit in Wilder Girls before bed.
Pages read: 67
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig