2019/09/21

BOOK REVIEW:
TERAPEUTEN BY HELENE FLOOD

S P O N S O R E D  :  B O O K  S E N T  B Y  P U B L I S H E R
_____
Title: Terapeuten
Author: Helene Flood
Published: 2019
Language: Norwegian
Pages: 399
Rating: 4/5


Summary:
In this psychological thriller, we meet Sara and Sigurd, a married couple who are renovating an old house and when Sigurd suddenly disappears after having left a mysterious message on her answering machine, Sara is left in this big house where she finds that things are no longer where she left them... or is she just imagining it?


Review:
This is a highly hyped book, so I was excited when this was sent to me, as it has already been sold to around 20 countries before it was even published.

And I get the hype, at least most of it. I devoured this book in less than 24 hours because I just had to keep going. I love the setting, I loved reading about the main characters and trying to figure out what had happened. I really like the way this is written as well, I think it's just really well done.

The protagonist is by far the strongest character in the book and we get really deep into her head. There are times where you wonder if we can even trust her at all, which I think is so fascinating! I really enjoyed getting to know her and her husband and take a look at their seemingly great relationship.

I do think the story takes a little bit of a nosedive in the last 100 pages though and without revealing too much, there were parts of the ending I didn't really like, like I got to the part and I thought: oh... is that it? But then there's this other bit that I really did like, but I obviously can't go into that without spoiling it.

It's not an absolutely revolutionary psychological thriller, but still well worth the read. Overall though, for a debut (in this genre), this is pretty impressive and I think we've got an amazing new crime writer on our hands. I can't wait to see what she comes out with next!
You can get this book at Adlibris
You can read more about it on Goodreads
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig