2017/10/09

BOOK REVIEW:
THE BREAKDOWN BY B. A. PARIS

Title: The Breakdown
Author: B. A. Paris
Published: 2017
Language: English
Pages: 415
Rating: 3/5


Summary:
Cass Anderson, a young, happily married woman, has witnessed a crime but is too afraid to tell anyone, and as she tries to figure out what has happened on her own, she finds she is starting to lose her memory, and she keeps getting these mysterious phone calls when no one else is home...


Review:
This was an absolute page-turner!

I really enjoyed reading this and I read it in two sittings, it was so hard to put down. I thought the characters were really interesting, and the mental deterioration of the main character was captured perfectly. It's quite a roller coaster ride, seeing her try to figure out what's happening, all the while we're unsure if we can really trust her.

The story does get a little bit repetitive in the middle and I wouldn't say I necessarily saw the end coming, but I wasn't particularly surprised when it happened and it did lessen my enjoyment of the story a little bit. It all felt a bit too neat for me, how everything was solved in the end.

It's a very compelling thriller though and definitely worth the read if you like the genre.
You can get this book at The Book Depository
You can read more about it on Goodreads
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig