2017/10/02

BOOK REVIEW:
THE COUPLE NEXT DOOR BY SHARI LAPENA

Title: The Couple Next Door
Author: Shari Lapena
Published: 2016
Language: English
Pages: 368
Rating: 3/5


Summary:
The babysitter of a couple has cancelled and instead of staying home, the parents leave their child at home, taking a baby monitor with them and promising each other to check on her every half hour - but when they return in the middle of the night, the child is gone.


Review:
This is a book that immediately pulls you in with it's suspense, and it doesn't let go until you're done.

It's a story one wants to devour; it's a thrilling page-turner, filled with all sorts of flawed characters and their darkness becomes more and more apparent. It's an intense read - just the way you want your mystery thriller novels to be. I'm not the kind of reader that easily figure out what the next turn is going to be or who the murderer is, so it's not surprise I didn't see any of the twists and turns coming.

It is more plot-heavy than character based, but I thought most of the characters were quite well done, though they do tend to be a bit more dramatic than necessary. The writing isn't the best and I'll admit that at points I thought: "Hm... this could've used some work."

It's the perfect read for when you don't want to think too much and you want a story you can just jump into and it'll take you for a rather exciting ride. I did enjoy it so much I'm already eyeing her other novel, which I've seen at my local bookstore...
You can get this book at The Book Depository
You can read more about it on Goodreads
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig