2020/04/01

UPCOMING RELEASES:
APRIL

April has come around and there are some fantastic looking books coming out this month!

If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
21st
Firstly, how amazing is this cover? I love it! This is a contemporary fiction novel about four young women struggling to survive in Seoul. Honestly, that's all I know about it and it's enough for me; I'd love to read more stories set in South Korea!

How Much of These Hills is Gold by C Pam Zhang
7th
This is a historical fiction novel set in the twilight of the American gold rush and the story is about two siblings who run away to try and find a home elsewhere. I've read some early reviews of this that say this is epic!

Afterlife by Julia Alvarez
7th
This is a literary fiction novel and our protagonist is an immigrant writer who has had the rug pulled from beneath her and I think we get to know her three sisters. Sounds intriguing!

Kim Jiyoung, Born 1982 by Cho Nam-Joo
14th
Another book set in Seoul! It's a contemporary fiction novel about a woman who seems to have lost it a little bit, so her husband sends her to a psychiatrist. This has apparently caused quite a ruckus in South Korea because of the way it portrays South Korean society and culture, and I think that sounds really interesting!

The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix
7th
I mean, this title is surely enough to entice anybody? It's a supernatural thriller set in the 90's and it's about a women's book club who protects their community from vampires. Is that not the most amazing premise you've ever heard of?
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig