2019/12/04

BOOK REVIEW:
DOOM ROLLED IN GLITTER BY LEENA NORMS

Title: Doom Rolled In Glitter
Author: Leena Norms, Emma Hayden (illustrator)
Published: 2018
Language: English
Pages: 40
Rating: 4/5


Summary:
Self-published by the author, this zine is filled with twenty poems all about the experience of being in your twenties.


Review:
I've been following Leena Norms on YouTube and Instagram for ages and back when the Notre Dame was burning, she shared a poem she wrote called Spaces in the Sky and it totally floored me; I've got it saved in my phone and I reread it all the time. It's easily one of my top ten favorite poems of all time.

So when she announced she was making this zine, I knew I had to get my hands on one and it did not disappoint. Spaces in the Sky makes an appearance alongside a well curated collection of gems. The poetry feels personal, many of them intimate and there are so many lines in here that I read over and over because I just loved them so much.

The collection also has a gorgeous cover and inside are three other illustrations by the same artist which work to separate the collection into three parts. I think that worked really well in this, serving as little breaks in between. I also just personally love the style of the artwork.

This is definitely one of my favorite poetry collections I've read all year and I'd highly recommend following this poet wherever you can (online, not in real life, obviously).

The zine is currently available at Etsy (limited run, so when it's sold out, I'm pretty sure it's sold out for good)
You can follow Leena on YouTube and Instagram
You can follow Emma Hayden on Instagram
You can read more about this on Goodreads
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig