2021/05/18

BOOK REVIEW:
EN JAPANSK VÅR BY INA STRØM

_____
Title: En Japansk Vår
Author: Ina Strøm
Published: 2020
Language: Norwegian
Pages: 250
Rating: 3/5


Summary:
Journalist and author Ina Strøm takes us on her journey through Japan, exploring its history and her travels through the country. 


Review:
To be honest, I don't have that much to say about this book. I read it and enjoyed parts of it, and now that I've finished it, I don't really have a lot of strong feelings or opinions about it. It was fine.

I think this does give us an interesting look into Japan, it's culture and history, and it was interesting to see this through the eyes of a Norwegian. There were things in here I'd never heard of, both cultural and historical, and I liked learning a bit more about it all. 

I think this book would've benefited greatly from having more pictures in it, helping to break up the chapters and offer up a stronger look at the authors travels. Sometimes the book felt a bit dense and there were parts that were a bit dull, and I would've liked to get to know the people she met along the way a bit better.

I think it just felt a bit surface level to me in the end, and although I liked reading this, it probably won't make much of a lasting impression.
You can get this book at Adlibris (different edition)
You can read more about it on Goodreads
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig