2020/05/23

BOOK REVIEW:
PROSESSEN BY MALIN PERSSON GIOLITO

_____
Title: Prosessen
Author: Malin Persson Giolito, Monica Carlsen (translator)
Published: 2019
Language: Norwegian (translated from Swedish)
Pages: 86
Rating: 2/5

This is the third book in the Sophia Weber series, although they do not need to be read in order.


Summary:
After a terrorist attack in Stockholm, a young law students name is implicated in the investigation and he's brought in for questioning.


Review:
So, I've previously read two other books by Giolito, one which I really enjoyed (Utover Enhver Rimelig Tvil) and one that I loved (Størst av Alt). Through reading those two books, I've become a big fan of this author and will read anything she brings out, which is why I bought this one.

Now, one of the things I love about this author is her writing style; the other books I've read by her are on the longer side and we get really deep into the heads of the characters. In this book, which is under 100 pages, I didn't feel like that magic part of her writing that I love managed to show at all.

I also didn't feel that engaged in the actual story in this. I feel like in her other books, the mystery and the tension has had time to build up and be slowly unraveled and again, I didn't feel like we had time for that in this story. Since this is a book in a series, we meet a character from her other books that you may already know (the lawyer, Sophia Weber), but she could just as well have been a completely new character as nothing in this book suggests much about her or what she's like.

If I had read this book without knowing who the author was and if the name of the lawyer was changed, I would have never guessed it was written by Giolito. So sadly, I found this to be quite a disappointing read and just overall an average book.
You can get this book at Adlibris
You can read more about it on Goodreads
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig