2014/09/27

Top 5: Books I Did Not Finish

Not finishing books... that's a hard one for me. Which is ridiculous, really. Why finish bad books? Life is too damn short.

There haven't been many books I haven't managed to force my way through, but I recently started a book I just could not finish, so I thought I would show you five books I have not managed to finish. Some I didn't like, some I was just not in the mood for, and so on...

A little disclaimer, just because I didn't enjoy them does not mean someone else won't. Which is the great thing about books, isn't it?
1. To Byer (A Case of Two Cities) by Qiu Xiaolong


I started it, and realized it was the fourth book in a series about the same detective. I think you could probably read it anyway, but I started it, realized I wasn't in the mood, and just never got back to it. I bet it's actually really good though.
2. Det Uimotståelige Blåbærbakeriet (The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop and Cafe) by Mary Simses.


I bought this because I liked the cover and I had seen it in a lot of bookstores, and I was really disappointed. It was extremely predictable and such a cliché. I actually skimmed most of the ending, and it was exactly how I thought it would be. I just sat there thinking: I've read this story a thousand times.
3. The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling


I could not for the life of me get into this story. I can't remember what it was even about.
4. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer


I was late on the bandwagon with this series, and when I was about 17, I borrowed all of these from one of my friends. I read them all right after each other, and I got to the point with the birth and the turning in this one, and then I just put it down and never picked it back up.
5. Smoke is Rising by Mahesh Rao


This is the book that inspired this post. I got this in London recently, read about halfway through, and I was just really bored. I don't think this is a bad story or book though, it just wasn't for me.
I still feel a little bad about not finishing some of these, but reading is supposed to fun! Sometimes it's just not worth it.

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig