2014/10/27

Spook Week:
Halloween Recommendations

Since it's Spook Week here on The Book Castle, I thought I would give you some book recommendations for Halloween! I have some horror, some mystery and some other stuff thrown into the mix.

These are all books I have read and enjoyed, so I hope you find something to your taste.


This book is, in my mind, perfect for Halloween and autumn. It's set in the 1920's, it deals with the supernatural and the occult, and the villain in this book is seriously terrifying.

Beautiful writing, fantastic characters, a fascinating story... what more could you ask for?



The King of Horror, Stephen King has created a story involving a teenage girl, a religious fanatic and supernatural powers... Quite a horrific story.

This is also quite a short book, so if you want something quick, this is perfect.


If you're not up for something supernatural, this is a really good option. This book is thrilling, exciting and it gets quite psychotic at times. 


This is the only scary classic I've ever read and I remember really enjoying it. The vampires in this are the "original vampires" which is really cool.


You know... horror isn't for everyone, so if you don't want to read that, I would highly recommend this from the Queen of Mystery herself. This is a Hercule Poirot story, and he's one of my favorite characters of all time. Very, very charming.
Happy reading!
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig