2014/10/09

On My Shelf III

The leaves are turning, the sky is grey, and I thought it would be nice to do another On My Shelf. This is the third one I've done, as you can probably tell, and if you wish you can check out the others here.
Shelf 2, Book 8



A book I have read a couple of times, and this particular book, I remember buying years ago in a store in Oslo. 
Shelf 5, Book 14



A book I was determined to read the minute I bought it... still remains unread.
Shelf 1, Book 10


Veien Hjem by Rosamunde Pilcher

This book has a good story behind it, and it's a book I consider to one of my most valuable, in the sentimental sense. This book is the first book I remember reading that I absolutely loved. I think I was about 14 when I read this, it was summer, and Mom had borrowed it from a family friend. Obviously she had to give it back, and for years none of us could remember the name or author of the book. I was so guttered, and I kept thinking about it.

Then, the family friend moved, and she found it in a box somewhere in her house. She was really nice and gave it to me. I haven't read it since, and I probably won't, because I feel like I might ruin it by reading it again. I want to keep the feeling I have about it, so it stands untouched in my bookshelf and makes me smile.

As far as I know, this is no longer in print in Norwegian.
Shelf 3, Book 9



One of the first books I bought in the Canterbury Classics series. I absolutely love the feel of these books. I haven't gotten around to reading this yet, but it's on the never ending list of books I'm planning to read.
Shelf 8, Book 2



This is one of the first books I decided to buy when I was in London this summer. I haven't read it yet, but this edition is so beautiful, it's not like I'll ever forget it as long as it's on my shelf. It's very vibrant.
If you want to do this, here are some numbers you can use:

2 and 2
3 and 3
4 and 4
5 and 5
6 and 6

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig