2019/02/04

MY READING DIARY:
JANUARY

TUESDAY 01.01
Since I'm going to New Zealand on Friday (!!!), I'm finding myself occupied with everything I have to get in order before I go, especially everything with the channel and blog, so I'm currently not reading anything yet.
Pages read: 0

WEDNESDAY 02.01
Spent all morning editing and then worked until midnight, so no time to read.
Pages read: 0

THURSDAY 03.01
After work, I spent most of my evening packing and doing all those things you have to do before one goes away from three weeks!
Pages read: 0


FRIDAY 04.01
The day is finally here, woo! Left home around noon and made our way to the airport to catch our flight to Doha, on which I literally watched four movies and then the flight was over.
Pages read: 0

SATURDAY 05.01
Read absolutely nothing on our 16 hour flight from Doha to Auckland, as I spent most of my time watching another gazillion movies and attempting to sleep.
Pages read: 0

SUNDAY 06.01
We made it to Auckland! The first thing we did was get on a bus for four hours to take us to Bay of Islands, where we checked into our hotel at around two and then took a "nap" which lasted five hours. And then after we ate, we went right back to sleep.
Pages read: 0

MONDAY 07.01
We went for a lovely walk in a forest in the morning and in the afternoon I actually managed to read a few chapters of one of the books I brought; The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton.
Pages read: 84

TUESDAY 08.01
We went for a helicopter ride today which was insanely beautiful! I then got caught up in playing Pokémon so didn't read anything.
Pages read: 0

WEDNESDAY 09.01
Went for a day trip to Russell which is just across the bay, which was lovely. I read a few chapters of The Seven Deaths before bed.
Pages read: 138


THURSDAY 10.01
We spent about eight hours on a bus today, taking us from Paihia to Auckland and then off to Rotorua. Wasn't in the mind space to read anything when we finally got there.
Pages read: 0

FRIDAY 11.01
Went for a walk by the lake today and in the evening, I read a bit more in The Seven Deaths before I decided to play some more Pokémon.
Pages read: 20

SATURDAY 12.01
Another walk in another park, this time seeing some amazing hot pools (which smelled less than great but were beautiful). Read a bit more in The Seven Deaths!
Pages read: 41

SUNDAY 13.01
We went for a lovely walk in the Redwoods forest today before chilling in the afternoon and I managed to finish The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, which was quite a rollercoaster!
Pages read: 265

MONDAY 14.01
Spent all morning at the Hobbiton Movie Set and in the evening, I started reading Becoming by Michelle Obama and read the introduction and one chapter in it.
Pages read: 38

TUESDAY 15.01
Continued reading Becoming.
Pages read: 102


WEDNESDAY 16.01
Had a super chill day today so managed to read quite a bit more in Becoming.
Pages read: 208

THURSDAY 17.01
Went to an animal reserve in the morning (where we got to see, among other things, kiwi birds and it was the greatest!), and after we went to a street market for some food, I finished Becoming.
Pages read: 78

FRIDAY 18.01
Went for a spa treatment in the morning and bathed in hot pools, which was so relaxing, and then we brought our books to the Redwood forest and read for a few hours, waiting for it to get dark so we could go on their Tree Lights exhibition thingy. I started reading Force of Nature by Jane Harper, which was very appropriate when it came to the setting, because it's set right out in the bush.
Pages read: 80

SATURDAY 19.01
Today was another traveling day; we went from Rotorua to Taupo, and spent most of the afternoon walking around and going for a bite. In the evening we got caught up watching old MTV music videos from the 90's and 00's (which was amazing), so didn't read anything.
Pages read: 0

SUNDAY 20.01
Spent all day going for a hike, which left me happy but sunburned. Spent the evening watching the first episode of Marie Kondo's Netflix show, so didn't read anything.
Pages read: 0

MONDAY 21.01
My friend was feeling a bit under the weather, so we didn't get up to much today, but I did go to the beach for a bit to sit down and read, which lasted for about an hour before it got too cold and windy.
Pages read: 68


TUESDAY 22.01
It's another traveling day! We spent five hours on a bus from Taupo to Auckland, which was fine. Checked into our hotel in Auckland and went out for dinner before falling asleep.
Pages read: 0

WEDNESDAY 23.01
We spent the day walking around the city, going by various coffee places and of course, a doughnut shop. We also went to the Auckland Art Museum which was great. Managed to read for a few hours in bed before falling asleep, but had to put Force of Nature down before it got too exciting (which would have meant me staying up to finish it and falling asleep way too late).
Pages read: 131

THURSDAY 24.01
It's the last full day of our vacation and we spent it wandering around Auckland, going to parks, coffee places and basically just eating our way through a bunch of places, which was great!
Pages read: 0

FRIDAY 25.01
We started our journey home today, and guess who got distracted watching movies on the plane again? :)
Pages read: 0

SATURDAY 26.01
So, although we spent 26 hours traveling back home, I arrived home in the morning hours today (time difference is weird, isn't it?). I attempted to unpack, which I only did halfway and I tried not taking any naps to avoid jetlag, which I failed at, but I did finish Force of Nature which I very much enjoyed. I also started reading Exit West by Mohsin Hamid before I eventually went to bed.
Pages read: 198

SUNDAY 27.01
I'm a bit jet lagged, so got up a five in the morning, made myself a smoothie bowl and read the rest of Exit West. When I'd finished that, I also read the entirety of Grief is the Thing with Feathers by Max Porter.
Pages read: 247


MONDAY 28.01
Went back to work today, which was fine, and in the evening, I started reading Season of Migration to the North by Tayeb Salih.
Pages read: 50

TUESDAY 29.01
Had a late shift at work, so spent the morning finishing Season of Migration to the North.
Pages read: 147

WEDNESDAY 30.01
Started reading A Keeper by Graham Norton after work, but I couldn't really concentrate because I was so sleepy, so I had my dinner and went to bed.
Pages read: 14

THURSDAY 31.01
Spent all morning filming and editing, and then went to work in the evening, so had no time to read!
Pages read: 0
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig