2017/11/25

BOOK REVIEW:
THE PHANTOM ATLAS BY EDWARD BROOKE-HITCHING

Title: The Phantom Atlas: The Greatest Myths, Lies and Blunders on Maps
Author: Edward Brooke-Hitching
Published: 2016
Language: English
Pages: 256
Rating: 4/5


Summary:
This is an atlas of the world, not as it is, but as it was thought to be throughout the ages; filled with mystical countries, fabled islands and other fictitious geography.


Review:
As a lover of both maps and stories of exploration, this was a joy to read.

The book is very much what it's saying it is, so I'm not going to drone on about what I think of it; basically, I really enjoyed this. I loved the maps and the stories of them, and it's a perfect book to read a bit in here and there. It's also given me a lot of ideas about people and places I want to read more about!

It's a perfect book for anyone who loves cartography, and it also works wonderfully as a coffee table book because it's not only fascinating, it's also gorgeous.
You can get this book at The Book Depository
You can read more about it on Goodreads
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig