2017/11/18

BOOK REVIEW:
THE LOST WORDS BY ROBERT MACFARLANE

Title: The Lost Words
Author: Robert Macfarlane, Jackie Morris (Illustrator)
Published: 2017
Language: English
Pages: 112
Rating: 4/5


Summary:
This is a gorgeously illustrated book filled with poetry about words about nature disappearing from the vocabulary of children.


Review:
Wow, this book is a marvel!

This is easily one of the most beautiful books I've ever read. The illustrations are stunning; nature and animals are captured creatively and realistically. I don't even feel like I have the right words to explain how gorgeous it is, but I would easily have prints of all the pages in this on my walls.

The writing is simple, lyrical and lovely, and to an adult it brings back memories of spending time outside. To a child, I would imagine it would make one want to go outside and play in the wonderful world of nature.

It's a spellbinding work of art and belongs easily in any home with both children, elderly and everything in between.
You can get this book at The Book Depository
You can read more about it on Goodreads
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig