2017/11/21

BOOK REVIEW:
ARE WE SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW HOW SMART ANIMALS ARE? BY FRANS DE WAAL

Title: Are We Smart Enough To Know How Smart Animals Are
Author: Frans de Waal
Published: 2016
Language: English
Pages: 340
Rating: 2/5



Summary:
From biologist and primatologist Frans de Waal, this is a look into the world of animal intelligence and discusses what separates the human mind from the mind of other animals.


Review:
I have mixed feelings about this book.

On one hand, the subject matter of the book is absolutely fascinating and I really liked learning about it. On the other hand, there's something about the writing that did not pull me in. It reminds me of being in school and reading textbooks; learning about the history of the Roman Empire sounds so fascinating, but then you start reading and lose all desire to learn. It's also a bit disorganised and a bit all over the place.

I do like how scientific it is and how in-depth it gets in certain points, and I thought it was interesting to read about different experiments, beliefs and scientists. Sadly though, it was just so hard to want to pick back up after having put it down.

I'm not so sure I would recommend this, but I suppose it could be interesting if you're not too picky about the presentation of the subject.
You can get this book at The Book Depository
You can read more about it on Goodreads
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig