2017/09/27

BOOK REVIEW:
YOU BY CAROLINE KEPNES

Title: You
Author: Caroline Kepnes
Published: 2014
Language: English
Pages: 432
Rating: 2/5


Summary:
Told from the viewpoint of Joe, this is the story of a stalker who slowly but surely take control over the life of his victim, Beck.


Review:
I find this a very difficult book to discuss and even though I finished this almost a week ago, I'm not sure how I feel about it.

One one hand, this is thrilling, fast-paced and engaging. It's incredibly disturbing and quite unique, and the use of 2nd person narration is really interesting. It's a story that pulls you in from the start.

On the other hand, this is incredibly disturbing in a negative way as well. There's so much violence in here, as well as much more erotica than I was prepared for, and I'm not sure the characters are complex enough to carry such a story. It's also longer than it needs to be and a bit repetitive in parts. I almost feel like this didn't dig deep enough, and therefore, I can't quite see what the point of this book is.

I'm extremely wary of recommending this to anyone, so all I'm going to say is, if you want to read it, be aware that there is a lot of graphic content in it.
You can get this book at The Book Depository
You can get the e-book on Amazon
You can read more about it on Goodreads
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig