2017/01/08

BEST BOOKS OF 2016

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I was looking forward to your list of best books of 2016 and I am definitely going to pick some of them this year ('Half of the Yellow Sun', 'Mrs Dalloway' and 'Between the World and Me' are already on my TBR. But 1984 and your favorite poetry sound very tempting). I've already read The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman in 2015 and it belongs to my all time favorites. My another all time favorite is Stoner by John Williams, which is also my favorite book of 2016, closely followed by The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Well, I know that Stoner may seem to many readers too boring, though, it is written with such a delicacy that it left me stunned. The magical realism of The Night Circus is completely other thing. The book sat in my library for I believe like almost 2 years and when I finally decided to pick it up, it unraveled its magic and absorbed me every time I opened it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stoner definitely sounds intriguing, I usually love those kinds of books! :)

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear that ;) Then I can only recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete

© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig