2016/12/10

AMAZING AUTHORS:
NEIL GAIMAN

It's time to look at another amazing author! This time, it's all about the wonderful Neil Gaiman.


Born: 1960
Nationality: British
Genre: Fantasy, Horror, Science Fiction
Most Notable Work:
- The Sandman
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane
- American Gods
- Coraline

I first discovered Neil Gaiman when I started watching booktube. On almost every channel I watched, I kept seeing his books and they always sounded amazing, so I obviously decided to pick one up. And you know what? It was amazing.

Gaiman's books are the kinds you can truly get lost in. It's those that transport you to a strange and magical world where things somehow make sense and you get wonderfully sucked in. And those are the best kinds of book, at least I think so.

I also really enjoy that in his stories, he doesn't shy away from darkness. There's light and shadows, sadness and happiness, magical worlds mixed with unflattering reality. The writing is beautiful in its simplicity and his books really create a world for the reader to dive into and hide for a little while.

Books I've Read:

Books I Want To Read:

The Book To Start With:
 

The first book I read by Neil Gaiman was The Graveyard Book and I feel like that was a great introduction to him. However, my favorite of his that I've read is The Ocean at the End of the Lane. I think either would be a good introduction and both are wonderful.

I'll leave you with a Q&A done by The University of Arts, which I think is really interesting.


Let me know if you've read any of Gaiman's work, or which book you'd like to read by him!
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig