2016/05/17

TOP 5: BOOKS I WANT TO READ FROM JAPANESE AUTHORS II

I've found that the books I've read that have been translated from Japanese really have something to them that I really like, so here are another five books from them I want to read!

Snow Country by Yasunari Kawabata


This is an author I've been meaning to read for ages. This book is about unspoken love and understated passion of a young couple.

Hard-Boiled Wonderland and The End of the World by Haruki Murakami


Ever since reading Norwegian Wood, I've been wanting to read another Murakami book. All I know is that this is the book he's written that's the most fantasy-esque.

Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto


I've heard such great things about this book, it contains themes of motherhood, transsexuality, kitchens, love and tragedy.

The Woman in the Dunes by Kobo Abe


I've had this book on my radar for quite some time. It's about a man held captive in a village, tasked with shoveling back the ever-advancing sand dunes together with a young woman.

The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With the Sea by Yukio Mishima


This is about a young group of boys who reject the adult world and the consequences of that.


Let me know if you've read any of these and what you thought!

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig