2016/03/22

TOP 5: MODERN CLASSICS I WANT TO READ III

After having reorganised my shelves in my new place, I realise I have quite a lot of the Penguin Modern Classics and thought I would share five of them that I want to read soon.

I've done two of these before, you can check them out here and here.


Thousand Cranes by Yasunari Kawabata


Mostly I want to read this because I've really been resonating with books translated from Japanese these past months, so I'm hoping this will be another success.

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand


Though the sheer size of this book is slightly terrifying, I've heard almost nothing but great things about this. It's a story about money, power and a man's struggle to succeed on his own terms.

A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf


This is a book that has intruiged me for ages, but I've never gotten around to reading it. It's a sort of feminist book about the importance of female writers to have their own space to work.

The Infernal Desire Machines of Doctor Hoffman by Angela Carter


Having enjoyed two works by Angela Carter already, I want to read some more of her work.

The Complete Cosmicomics by Italo Calvino


I've read Under the Jaguar Sun by this author and found it to be disturbing and fascinating. If this is anything like that, I'm bound to like it.


Let me know if you've read any of these, and what you thought!

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig