2016/03/27

AMAZING AUTHORS:
KATE MORTON

As spring is quickly approaching into bloom, I sat down to write another post about amazing authors, and the first the came to mind was an old favorite: Kate Morton.


Born: 1976
Nationality: Australian
Genre: Fiction, Historical Fiction
Most Notable Works:
- The House at Riverton
- The Forgotten Garden

Morton is one of my favorite historical fiction authors, and I have very fond feelings around her books. They remind me of long, lazy summer days, of quiet and of the joy of reading and getting lost in a book. It's been quite a few years since I read her books, but they still bring up fond feelings in me.

I like her books because they're fairly easy to read and it doesn't take a lot of work to get invested in the stories she creates. They are accessible and books I think most people would like, if they enjoy historical fiction. I also really like how she manages to effortlessly transport the reader back to a certain time period and setting. Her books have a very strong sense of place.

PS: I have not read these books in the original English, I've read the Norwegian translation, which you will see below.

Books I've Read:

Books I Want To Read:

The Book To Start With:

I would recommend starting with The Forgotten Garden, because it's the one I remember enjoying the most. This has a bit of mystery to it, which is probably why I like it so much, and the story contains a dark book of fairytales, a aristocratic family and a secret garden. 

I could probably have found an interview for her, but instead I'm going to put up a vlog with Leena from justkissmyfrog from #BookBreak, because it's a lot more fun to watch.



I also have to say, if you're looking for a gift for your mom, one of Morton's books is the way to go.
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig