2016/01/19

TOP 5: NON-FICTION BOOKS I WANT TO READ III

Having really had my eyes opened when it comes to the genre of non-fiction, I keep adding a bunch of these books to my TBR, so I thought I would share five with you!

You can also check out Part I and Part II.

Island of the Lost: Shipwrecked at the End of the World by Joan Druett


Having recently read a non-fiction book about Magellan's circumnavigation of the globe in the 1520's, I want to read more books like this. This is a story from much later is history, 1864, and is the story of a crew that shipwrecks at Auckland Island in the middle of the Southern Ocean.

Ways of Forgetting, Ways of Remembering: Japan in the Modern World by John W. Dower


This is a book about the history and misuse of history, centring around relationship between Japan and the US after The Second World War.

The Undivided Past: Humanity Beyond Our Differences by David Cannadine


This book investigates religion, nation, class, gender, race and civilization and how this has shaped our history and the human race.

River of Darkness: Francisco Orellana's Legendary Voyage of Death and Discovery Down the Amazon by Buddy Levy


Another historical book about adventure and exploration, this time set in the great and terrifying Amazon. 

Stars Between the Sun and Moon: One Woman's Life in North Korea and Escape to Freedom by Lucia Jang and Susan McClelland


The first book I finished this year was In Order to Live by Yeonmi Park, another woman who escaped North Korea. I want to read more about this and was recommended this one.


Do you have any non-fiction books you want to read soon?


SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig