2016/01/28

BOOK REVIEW:
THE WEIRD SISTERS BY ELEANOR BROWN

Title: The Weird Sisters
Author: Eleanor Brown
Published: 2011
Language: English
Pages: 371
Rating: 2/5


Summary:
Set in a small town of Ohio, three sisters find themselves reunited when their mother falls ill of cancer.


Review:
I was quite excited to read this book when I picked it up, and in the end, I'm left with mixed feelings. I found the main characters to be fascinating, but the plot was somewhat predictable and dull. I get what the author is trying to do, but in the end, this didn't make the impact on me that I think it was supposed to.

There are parts in this book that I found a bit pretensious and hard to believe, like how they communicate through quotes from the bard in excessive amount, because the sisters father is a professor and loves Shakespeare. I found the narrating style different and it took some getting used to, but I see why the author decided to do it that way.

I am not a huge reader of this kind of contemporary novels, as I very often find them somewhat average. I feel the same way about this. The writing was lovely at times, but I felt no deep connection and in the end, I didn't really care that much about what happened.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys contemporary fiction though, as I imagine a lot of peopøe would like this. If you're familiar with the works of Shakespeare as well, I think that would add something to the reading experience.




You can get this book at The Book Depository.
You can get the e-book on Amazon.
You can read more about it on Goodreads.
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig