2015/10/06

Top 5:
Short Story Collections I Want To Read II

I have recently discovered short stories as a genre and I've discovered so many books I want to read. Here is five of them.

Check out Part I here.

Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman


Because Neil Gaiman is awesome.

Tenth of December by George Saunders


This is a contemporary fiction book that I saw in a bookstore the other day and thought it looked really interesting. It's about class, love, despair and war. 

Interpreter of Maladies: The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri


This is a contemporary collection that took the world by storm when it was released. It even won the Pulitzer Prize. The themes of this is Indian culture and family.

The Garden Party and Other Stories by Katherine Mansfield


This is a classic collection, set in both New Zealand, England and the French Riviera. I want to read this because I think it'll be interesting it was published 1922 and I love reading stuff from that time.

Willful Creatures by Aimee Bender


This is magical realism and since I usually love that, this sounds awesome. 


Let me know if you've read any of these, or if you have any short story recommendations!



SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig