2015/10/17

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon

Yay! It's time for Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon!

If you are unaware, this read-a-thon spreads over a period of 24 hours, and basically, you read as much as you can during that time. There are also fun mini-challenges you can do if you want to. It's basically just a lot of fun!

This is actually coming at a perfect time for me, because my reading has been a bit slow lately, and I really want to get to some books I've been eyeing for weeks!

In Norway, the start time is at 14.00. From then on out, I will be updating this post with progress.

But first, I have compiled a very loose TBR pile of books I think I want to read:




I am also currently reading Rebel Angels by Libba Bray and Selected Poetry by Thomas Hardy.

Wish me luck!

Page count: 781
Book count: 4

14.00: The read-a-thon has begun! I'm starting off with continuing reading Rebel Angels by Libba Bray, where I am currently at page 251.
15.09: I have read 44 pages in Rebel Angels, but am now off to an early dinner with a friend. Will read more the minute I get home!
20.06: I have read another 253 pages of Rebel Angels, which means I have finished the book! The next book I will pick up is The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter.
21.16: Accidentally took a nap.
22.27: On page 45 of The Bloody Chamber and will probably fall asleep soon.
22.34: ZZZZZZzzzz...
09.18: I have awoken and read a few more stories in The Bloody Chamber, now being on page 81. Just realised I have an unread volume of Amulet, so will start that now.
09.52: I have finished Amulet Vol. 2 by Kazu Kibushi (it was awesome!). Will now resume reading The Bloody Chamber.
11.36: Currently on page 135 of The Bloody Chamber. Only a few more stories left!
11.52: Have powered through the last of The Bloody Chamber, and must admit I'm in need of a little reading break. I will probably start another book in a while, at least before the read-a-thon has come to an end!
12.38: We're in the homestretch, so I have picked up Thrall by Natasha Trethewey!
13.32: I have read 84 pages in Thrall, thereby finishing it!
14.00: The read-a-thon is over! I'm pretty pleased with my reading, and in total, I ended up reading 781 pages and 4 books!

If you participated in the read-a-thon, I hope you had fun!


SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig