2015/05/19

Top 5: Poetry Books I Want To Read II

I've been reading quite a lot of poetry lately and I thought I would share some books I want to read!

I've done one of these before, you can check that out here.

Inside Out and Back Again by Thanhha Lai


All I know about this is that it's about a girl telling her experience of the Vietnam war. This has won some awards as well, I believe, and I've heard great things.

Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair by Pablo Neruda


I found this in a bookstore recently and I read a bit in it. It looked really good. The author is Chilean too, and as I'm making an effort to read more diversely, this is perfect.

Collected Poems by Vladimir Nabokov


I really want to read something from Nabokov, and since Lolita scares me a little bit, I thought I might read this first!

Teaching My Mother How To Give Birth by Warsan Shire


I stumbled upon one of the poems in this on Tumblr, and it was amazing. So I definitely need to read this.

The Waste Lands and Other Poems by T. S. Eliot


I've almost bought this like five times, so I'm pretty sure I want to read it. I've never read any T. S. Eliot, but I feel like it would be for me.


If you have any recommendations for poetry books, send them my way!

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig