2015/05/14

Tag: Reading Habits

I was tagged by the lovely Lindsay from over at Have A Parade to do this tag, so here we go!


1. DO YOU HAVE A CERTAIN PLACE AT HOME FOR READING?
I usually read in my bed! As I am currently sharing a flat with my sister, I usually go to read in my bed where it's quiet.

2. BOOKMARK OR RANDOM PIECE OF PAPER?
I have previously ranted all about this particular topic, but I try my best to use bookmarks instead of trash. I never ever fold a corner though. 

3. CAN YOU JUST STOP READING OR DO YOU HAVE TO STOP AFTER A CHAPTER/A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF PAGES?
I prefer to stop after a chapter. I'll stop in the middle of a chapter if I'm really sleepy though, but then I'll usually end up rereading the entire chapter next time I pick up the book.

4. DO YOU EAT OR DRINK WHILE READING?
Sometimes. I like having a soda nearby or something like that, and maybe some snacks. I had a horrible accident involving marinated chicken and Across the Universe by Beth Revis a while back, so I don't eat while reading anymore.

5. MULTITASKING: MUSIC OR TV WHILE READING?
Nope. I have to have a quiet place to read. Sometimes I even get distracted when I'm reading and there is nothing going on, just by my own brain. Can you imagine me trying to read with the TV on.

6. ONE BOOK AT A TIME OR SEVERAL AT ONCE?
I usually read about two or three books at once, but they have to be really different in order for it to work. I usually always read a fiction and a poetry book, and sometimes a non-fiction all at once. I can't read several books that are too similar at once, because I get them mixed up.


7. READING AT HOME OR EVERYWHERE?
I read mostly at home, but I always bring a book with me everywhere I go. I read on my break at work, I read on the tram or subway if I'm going anywhere, I read while I'm waiting for people and so on.

I always bring a book with me even though I know I probably won't have time to read, just in case. You never know.

8. READING OUT LOUD OR SILENTLY IN YOUR HEAD?
I cannot read out loud, because I get too distracted by my own voice.

9. DO YOU READ AHEAD OR EVEN SKIP PAGES?
On occasion I read ahead if I'm bored. The same goes for skipping pages. If I'm really into a book, I want to absorb as much as possible, so I don't read ahead or skip anything.

10. BREAKING THE SPINE OR KEEPING IT LIKE NEW?
No breaking of spines. Drives me nuts. I like my books to look perfect. Sometimes it can't be helped though.

11. DO YOU WRITE IN YOUR BOOKS?
Nooooo. I put sticky notes to mark poems I like and stuff, but that's about it.

12. WHO DO YOU TAG?
Hm. I'd like to see Octavia and Shelley from Read.Sleep.Repeat do this! 


Feel free to do this yourself as well, if you want!
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig