2014/09/18

My Kindle

So, my birthday has come and passed and I got a really exciting gift from my parents: a Kindle!

I've read one book on this so far, and it's been going pretty well. I have to admit, I've always been a little apprehensive about reading e-books, but I've realized that I should make an effort to read some, as it's obviously better for the environment, it's cheaper and it postpones the fast growing problem of shelf space. I don't think I'll ever stop reading physical books, but I'd like to read e-books as well.


So, I got the Kindle Paperwhite, which has a non-glare screen, which is why I wanted it. It feels very similar to paper, and it's great, because sometimes I have a hard time reading for longer periods of time on screens. Also, it has built in light, which is good.

As I mentioned, I've read one book on this now, and I really liked it. It took me a little while to figure everything out, but I think I've got the knack of it.


I want to reread the A Song of Ice and Fire series, and this thing is far easier to carry than the books, let me tell you...


The Kindle also comes with Goodreads, which is pretty cool.


Those are all my thoughts so far! I really think I'm going to enjoy using this, and I reckon it's especially handy for travel. 

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig